Friday 14 December 2007

Thursday and Friday

Apart from very busy surgeries last night, I attended a meeting of the group that is planning to set up a community organisation for Pentland, Ancrum, Cleghorn and surrounding areas. A really enthusiastic group and I am really keen to see this group succeed as it would be great to have an active community organisation in the north part of West End Ward. I was pleased to advise of updates on a number of local issues - including controlled entry, road safety, road and pavement repairs. I also left the meeting with a number of local concerns to raise and address.

I was in Glasgow today (5.30am start!) running a conference with the "day job" at hotel attached to Central Station as the photo above right alludes to. Mightily impressed with the lovely "Christmassy" feel in George Square although my photo is a bit out of focus!