Thursday 28 June 2007

Blackness area, Surgeries, Burst tyres, Polepark Playpark ....

A useful meeting with Blackness Area residents last night covering numerous issues including the road surface in Abbotsford Place (I'm arranging a site visit for the Residents' Association to discuss with Planning & Transportation staff), recycling bins, road lining in Blackness Avenue and refuse presentation issues. I've followed up various issues with Council staff today.
Today saw my last surgeries at Mitchell Street Centre, Harris Academy and Blackness Primary School until after the school holidays.
Between Mitchell Street and Harris, I had the joy of a puncture! I am awfully grateful to the community councillor who attended my surgery at Harris and gave me a lift to Blackness Primary! One RAC visit later and all is well again!
During the school holidays, I do not have weekly surgeries but can be contacted at home at any time on 459378.
The Police have contacted me about the state of the playpark in Polepark Road (rubbish strewn - mainly plastic bags, plastic bottles and cans) - I have raised this with the Leisure & Communities and Waste Management Departments.
Lastly there are recent updates worth a look at :
Friends of Magdalen Green : http://magdalengreen.blogspot.com/
and
Western Cemetery Association : http://westerncemetery.blogspot.com/